When I launched my business Acting Skinny last year as a homeschooling mom of 4, I had no earthly idea what I was doing. I had owned a business before, but how was I to grow my business beyond my network of friends and family because eventually friends and family’s financial support would wane, let’s be honest. After the initial, “Oh I’m so proud of you. I can’t wait to support you” and sympathy purchases from family and friends, I wanted my business (and blog) to grow without paying a ton of money to do so! And in my first 3 months of business, we were able to pay cash for Christmas with the help of my “little” side #hustle.
So here’s 3 FREE Ways to Grow Your Business or Blog:
- Join Facebook Groups that have hundreds of thousands of members, AND post your business or blog during PROMO day! Do that with a catchy photo and caption, along with your link to your business or blog! Here are some of my favorite Facebook Groups that have produced an international following on my blog and website from 20 different countries JUST this week!
- Blog Beautiful
- Savvy Business Owners
- The Proverbs 31 MOmpreneur
- Blog + Business Bff’s
- Female Entrepreneurs Collaborate
- The Rising Tide Society
- Social Boss Society
2. Build your email list and send weekly newsletters connecting to your audience, adding value to their lives, AND marketing your products FOR FREE! Use MailChimp, Drip, or ConvertKit to collect emails. Love love love the free version of MailChimp! I’ve tripled my email list within the last few months alone! You don’t want to just send out emails when you have new products! You want to connect with your readers and potential clients regularly, interacting with them, offering challenges, information, and tools to make their lives better in addition to promoting your blog or business! Join my weekly newsletter HERE to get some more tools to grow your business!
3. Collaborate, network, collaborate EVEN MORE! Ask another blogger, mompreneur, someone in your Facebook group, or community can you do a blog takeover (guest blog post for their blog or business) or can they feature you, your product in their upcoming blog, podcast, or newsletter. Make it mutually beneficial by featuring them as well! Collaborations will grow your business because you’re getting in front of THEIR audience and meeting potential clients that you normally wouldn’t meet! Want to collaborate or be a guest blogger, I’d love to hear from you!
Guys, it’s been such a blessing to be able to stay at home, homeschool, while running Acting Skinny Blog and Business inspiring women and families in Fashion, Food, and Mompreneuring! Just last week, we made enough to cover our second mortgage by growing my business using these methods, and I’d love for you to do the same! It may seem tough, but You can do the HARD THINGS! And I love this shirt that says that! You can enjoy your family, run a business or blog, AND DO IT WELL! So let’s go out this week AND DO THE HARD THINGS while loving our families well friends!
Want to grab this shirt by Cents of Style? Buy tomorrow thru Oct 19th for only 15.95 shipped! Use Code: YOUCANDO, Click here to shop now!
Need to see a jump in your business? Join our new Proverbs 31 Mompreneur Online course where we will be teaching some fabulous mompreneurs how to win in business! We are offering it for 50% OFF, which is a huge deal! Click here for more info!
Let’s go out and be incredible this week!
Until next time friends,
COME HANG OUT WITH US ON:
Latest Blog Posts:
- “The Secret to Budgeting”
- How to Grow Your Business On Instagram
- “The Big Parent Lie
- “5 Secrets to Dreaming Bigger When You Just Want to #quit
- “The Secret to Being a Proverbs 31 Mompreneur”
- “How to Rock Social Media Like a Boss
- “Dear Introverts, I’m Sorry”